Sunday, May 20, 2007

Not Funny

This cartoon is considerably more creepy than what is normally published in the New Yorker. It was sort of unfortunate that I read it the morning after I saw this story.

And while I'm at it, this cartoon isn't funny at all. I don't know what it is about prison rape that sends people into fits of giggles, but you'd think the editors of the New Yorker would have better taste than that. Making fun of Polish names? "We just don't publish that kind of thing." But, condemning American citizens to serial rape? That's comedy gold.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the first one was creepy because it looked too much like they were performing surgery or something, although I thought the idea behind the joke wasn't bad. If the second one really bothers you, write a letter to the editor.

Oberlinblogger said...

That's exactly what is creepy about it.

Anonymous said...

I don't see any prison rape in the cartoon.